Jim Barnes papers
Jim Barnes papers
The collection primarily tracks Barnes's poetic career, specifically regarding his service as editor of the Chariton Review and contributions to other poetry journals, and contains manuscripts of his own poetry as well as that of Dagmar Nick, which he translated from German, and numerous books of poetry written by friends/contributors to the Chariton Review. It also contains personal documents such as correspondence, bills, and photos.
- Extent: 34 boxes (16 linear ft.)
- Creator: Barnes, Jim, 1933
- Call Number: MSS 3256
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jim Barnes papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3256; Jim Barnes papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3256, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jim Barnes; 2006.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3256.xml
- Subject Terms
- Barnes, Jim, 1933---Archives; Anthologies; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Literature; Poetry, Modern--20th century; Poetry, Modern--Translations into English
- Genre / Form
- Account books; Audiotapes; Awards; Diaries; Letters; Manuscripts; Maps; Novels; Videotapes
- Processing Information
- Processed; John Murphy, Amanda Clark; 2006.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Barnes (Jim) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:45-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus