Roy Watkins Doxey papers
Roy Watkins Doxey papers
Dates: approximately 1944-1974
The papers of Roy Watkins Doxey contain research notes and materials, scrapbooks, correspondence, graduate student papers, and family history materials.
- Extent: 13 boxes (12.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Doxey, Roy W. (Roy Watkins), 1908-1992
- Call Number: MSS 3270
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- This series is arranged into 5 series: 1. Roy W. Doxey mission president's papers, 1946-1948; 2. Roy W. Doxey scrapbooks, circa 1974- 1980; 3. Roy W. Doxey student papers, circa 1953- 1972; 4. Roy W. Doxey research and correspondence, circa 1848-1988; and 5. Roy W. Doxey miscellaneous papers, circa 1938-1965.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Roy Watkins Doxey papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 3270; Roy Watkins Doxey papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 3270, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3270.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Religious Education--History; Doxey, Roy W. (Roy Watkins), 1908-1992--Archives; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Provo (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- College students' writings; Essays; Genealogies; Letters; Research (Document genres); Scrapbooks
- Processing Information
- Processed; John Murphy and Melissa Cowles, Student Processor; 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Doxey (Roy Watkins) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-19T10:21-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Roy Watkins Doxey was born February 27, 1908, in Ogden, Utah. He married Alberta Opheikins on August 6, 1934. From 1948 to his retirement in 1974 he taught church history and doctrine at Brigham Young University. He died August 10, 1992.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 3270
Roy W. Doxey mission president's papers
Roy W. Doxey scrapbooks
Dates: circa 1974- 1980
Roy W. Doxey student papers
Dates: circa 1953- 1972
Roy W. Doxey research and correspondence
Dates: circa 1848-1988
Roy W. Doxey miscellaneous papers
Dates: circa 1938-1965
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts