Marilyn Brown papers
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Marilyn Brown papers
Dates: approxamently 1997-2004
Collection consists primarily of Brown's correspondence and notes (circa 2002-2003) regarding her work prior to the publication of the novel of Richard Dutcher's film Brigham City.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brown, Marilyn McMeen Miller, 1938
- Call Number: MSS 3285
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Preliminarily processed; access with permission from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Marilyn Brown before Brigham City papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3285; Marilyn Brown papers; 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3285, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Marilyn Brown.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3285.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brown, Marilyn McMeen Miller, 1938---Archives; American literature--Mormon authors--History and criticism; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Literature
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Notes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Jon Farrell; 2006.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (21st century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brown (Marilyn) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:42-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Marilyn Brown (b. 1938) is a poet and novelist, and co-founder of the Villa Institute of the Performing Arts in Springville, Utah. Brown holds BA and MA degrees in creative writing from BYU and an MFA from the University of Utah.
comments powered by Disqus