Harold Mecham papers
Harold Mecham papers
Collection includes correspondence between Harold Mecham and his cousin, Katherine Tobey of Roscoe, Calif. Many of his letters include drawings of his life and surroundings. Also included are a number of drawings and sketches by Mecham, as well as a collection of both hand crafted and commercial greeting cards.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Mecham, Harold Bryan
- Call Number: MSS 3316
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Organized into three series: 1. Correspondence, 1931-1965. 2. Drawings, 1931-1965. 3. Birthday and Holiday Greeting Cards, undated.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Harold Mecham papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3316; Harold Mecham papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3316, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3316.xml
- Subject Terms
- Home and Family; San Bernardino County (Calif.)--Biography; San Bernardino County (Calif.)--History; Social Life and Customs; West (U.S.)--Economic conditions--20th century; West (U.S.)--Social conditions--20th century
- Genre / Form
- Drawings; Greeting cards; Handicraft; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Mecham (Harold) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Amy Perez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-19T10:21-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Harold Bryan Mecham was born August 13, 1894 in San Bernardino, California. Over the course of his life he worked as a farmer and well-driller in the San Bernardino area. Mecham had two step-children, Hilda J. Davis and Joan M. Wisner. He died March 15, 1969 in San Bernardino.
comments powered by Disqus