Albert Jones diaries
Albert Jones diaries
Handwritten diaries, an autobiography, and correspondence. Jones wrote his autobiography in 1881. Jones served in the Utah Militia during the Black Hawk War and had numerous occupations and positions in the Mormon Church. His diaries start in 1884 when he was called to serve on a mission for the Mormon Church in England. Many entries are lengthy and detailed. Jones addresses numerous topics including the polygamy question in Utah. Also included are correspondence, patriarchal blessings, and newspaper clippings.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jones, Albert, 1839-1925
- Call Number: MSS 346
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 346; Albert Jones diaries; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 346, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Jones, Albert, 1839-1925--Diaries; Black Hawk War (Utah), 1865-1872--Sources; Immigration and American Expansion; Missionaries; Mormon Church--Missions--England--History--Sources; Mormon missionaries--England--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Provo--History--Sources; Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)--History; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--Sources; Provo (Utah)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jones (Albert) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-10-10T10:17-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon living in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus