Gordon Jump papers
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Gordon Jump papers
Collection of scripts and personal papers from Gordon Jump. Scripts from his television appearances include those from the series WKRP in Cincinnati, Soap, Lou Grant, and many of his smaller projects (some of which are signed by cast members). Also includes correspondence, notes, photographs, magazine and newspaper articles, and personal papers.
- Extent: 5 cartons (5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jump, Gordon
- Call Number: MSS 3711
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Preliminarily processed; Access with permission from the Supervisor of Reference Services of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Gordon Jump papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3711; Gordon Jump papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3711, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Gordon Jump.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Gordon Jump; 2006.
- Related Material
- These materials are part of the Arts and Communications Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Jump, Gordon; Correspondence; Dayton (Ohio); Los Angeles (Calif.); Material Types; Television comedies; Television programs--Fiction
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Little magazines; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- Western American business and labor history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.II, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jump (Gordon) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:24-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Gordon Jump was borin in 1932 in Dayton, Ohio. He was an accomplished comic and dramatic actor and also later acted as a director and producer. He appeared in and contributed to many television productions including WKRP in Cincinnati, Soap, Lou Grant, and Growing Pains. He died in 2003 in Los Angeles, California.
comments powered by Disqus