Henry Wilcoxon papers
Henry Wilcoxon papers
Photographs taken by Henry Wilcoxon; audiocassettes of Wilcoxon's oral history; scrapbook of Samson and Deliah (1949) publicity assembled by Wilcoxon's wife, Joan Woodbury. All material used by donor in writing Wilcoxon's biography. Also includes various manuscripts and diaries.
- Extent: 3 oversize box (9.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Wilcoxon, Henry, 1905-1984
- Call Number: MSS 3751
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Preliminarily processed; access with permission from the curator of the Arts & Communications Archives of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Henry Wilcoxon papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 3751; Henry Wilcoxon papers; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations:MSS 3751, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials gathered by Katherine Orrison in conjunction with the writing of Wilcoxon's autobiography.
- Acquisition Information
- Gathered; Katherine Orrison.
- Other Finding Aids
- A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Dominica; Motion picture actors and actresses--Great Britain; Performing Arts
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Manuscripts; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; February 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Wilcoxon (Henry) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth West
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T13:12-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Henry Wilcoxon was born on September 8, 1905 in Dominica, British West Indies. He was an actor, with his most famous role being that of Mark Antony in the 1934 production of Cleopatra by Cecil DeMille. He died on March 6, 1984.
comments powered by Disqus