Michael Van Wagenen papers
Michael Van Wagenen papers
Dates: Approximately 1980-2002
Collection of film reels, audio materials, videotapes, DVDs and CDs, personal papers, scripts, books and manuscripts. Also included is a plaster face mask. Tapes are both originals and transfers, and include Low and Slow, Spirit Doctors, 38th Street Gangs, Art and Color, and Mundo Milagroso. Also included are tapes of research material, concerning the Navajo Weavers and Guatemala. Materials range from approximately 1980-2002.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.5 linear ft.). -- 40 cartons (40 linear ft.). -- 37 film reels (7 linear ft.). -- 1 film boxes (0.5 linear ft.). -- 2 items (0.5 linear ft.) : Cardboard tubes.
- Creator: Van Wagenen, Michael
- Call Number: MSS 3757
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Motion Picture Archive; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Michael Van Wagenen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3757; Michael Van Wagenen papers; Motion Pictures Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3757, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials all were created by or belonged to Michael Van Wagenen, who donated them to BYU in three batches over time.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Michael Van Wagenen; 2012.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory for first two accessions available online. Box-level inventory for 2012 accession available upon request. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3757.xml
- Subject Terms
- Moving Images; Motion picture producers and directors--United States--History; Material Types; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Performing Arts; Van Wagenen, Michael; Van Wagenen, Michael --Archives; University of Texas at Brownsville--Faculty--History
- Genre / Form
- Manuscripts; Videotapes; Audiotapes; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Compact discs; DVDs; Filmstrips; Motion pictures
- Processing Information
- Processed; James D'Arc and Mary-Celeste Ricks; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Motion pictures (Motion picture archives).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Van Wagenen (Michael) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-05-20 14:18:30 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Michael Scott Van Wagenen performed many roles in the movie business, including acting as a director, producer, actor, writer, cinematographer, and editor. He was a documentary filmmaker who taught history at the University of Texas at Brownsville.
comments powered by Disqus