Thomas Kent Hinckley papers
Thomas Kent Hinckley papers
Collection documents the aspects of Thomas K. Hinckley's career in the US Air Force and at Brigham Young University. It contains letters, newletters, diaries, and essays, military records of Thomas.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.). -- 9 cartons (9 linear ft.). -- 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize box (1.66 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hinckley, Thomas Kent, 1933-1997
- Call Number: MSS 3788
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Box 1 folder 19 access restricted for lifetime of donor; all other parts are open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Thomas K. Hinckley papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3788; Thomas K. Hinckley papers; 19th and 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3788, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Thomas K. Hinckley in 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Thomas K. Hinckley; 2007.
- Other Finding Aids
- More detailed finding aid available in repository.
- Related Material
- Thomas K. Hinckley personal papers UA 1036.
- Subject Terms
- Hinckley, Thomas Kent, 1933-1997--Archives; United States. Air Force; Academic writing--Study and teaching--United States; Colleges and Universities; Education, Higher--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Essays; Letters; Military records; Newsletters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship and historiography (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.III, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hinckley (Thomas K.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-08-15T14:53-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Thomas Kent Hinckley was a professor of geography at Brigham Young University from 1972-1994.
Thomas Kent Hinckley was a professor of geography at Brigham Young University from 1972-1994. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in geography and a minor in music. He received his Master of Arts degree from the University of Pittsburgh, where he held the Link Fellowship in aviation geography and his doctorate from the University of Western Ontario. He served an LDS mission in the Western Canadian Mission from 1954-1956. He married Tamara Jones and is the father of five children.
comments powered by Disqus