Lewis M. Cannon journal
Lewis M. Cannon journal
Lewis M. Cannon's journal covers the period from March 8, 1889 to October 20, 1889, the final months of Cannon's mission to Europe. Although much of the journal discusses his activities in Hamburg and Berlin, Germany, Lewis travelled frequently, reaching 22 cities in Germany and Bohemia during the period. The journal concludes with his sea journey through England and Ireland en route to the United States aboard the ship Nevada.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cannon, Lewis M. (Lewis Mousley), 1866-1924
- Call Number: MSS 3798
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lewis M. Cannon journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3798; Lewis M. Cannon mission journal; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3798, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The journal was donated to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections by the Mennonite Historical Library, who received it as part of the papers of Ernst H. Correll, a sociology professor at Goshen College. It is unknown how it came into the possession of Correll.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mennonite Historical Library.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3798.xml
- Subject Terms
- Cannon, Lewis M. (Lewis Mousley), 1866-1924--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Germany--History--19th Century; Religion; Germany--History--1789-1900; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Germany--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cannon (Lewis M.) mission journal
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:33-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Lewis Mousley Cannon (1866-1924) was born in St. George, Utah. His family moved to Salt Lake City, Utah, and he served a mission to Europe, spending time in England, Germany, and Switzerland. He worked as an accountant and a sheep owner in Salt Lake City, Utah. He married three wives, and raised eight children. He died in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1924.
comments powered by Disqus