Horatio King letter
Horatio King letter
Dates: 1855 December 18
Letter includes an inquiry by Horatio King to California Congressman James William Denver as to which of threemen should be appointed for a postal position in Mormon Island, California. The previous postmaster, Dallas A. Kneass, had recently resigned.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Denver, James William, 1817-1892. -- King, Horatio, 1811-1897
- Call Number: MSS 3828
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Horatio King letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3828; Horatio King letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3828, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Rick Grunder.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3828.xml
- Related Material
- For information on Dallas A. Kneass, see also the Amos P. Catlin papers (boxes 149-150, California State Library, Sacramento, Calif.).
- Subject Terms
- Kneass, Dallas A. (Dallas Alexander), 1817-1891; United States. Post Office Department--History--Sources; United States. Post Office Department--Officials and employees--History--Sources; Material Types; Postal service--United States--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- King (Horatio) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:30-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Horatio King (1811-1897) was a federal government official and attorney. He served as Assistant Postmaster General from 1854 to 1861, and then briefly as Postmaster General in 1861.
comments powered by Disqus