Bessie Long papers
Bessie Long papers
Collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, paper dolls, and other printed ephemera written and collected by Bessie Long. Most of the information relates to the Funk and Long families, describing their lives and circumstances in Nebraska in the early 20th century. Collection also includes correspondence for Bessie Long's brother, Victor Funk, and her husband John.
- Extent: 3 folders (0.3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Long, Bessie, 1880. -- McCallson, Ilene, 1943
- Call Number: MSS 3832
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Bessie Long papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3832; Bessie Long papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3832, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ilene McCallson; 1986.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3832.xml
- Subject Terms
- Funk family; Long family; Agriculture--Nebraska--History--Sources; Home and Family; Norfolk (Neb.)--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs; Women--Nebraska--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Printed ephemera
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Long (Bessie) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:30-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Bessie Long (b. 1880) was a housewife in Madison County, Nebraska. Her husband, John, was a farmer.
comments powered by Disqus