W. G. C. Byvanck papers
W. G. C. Byvanck papers
Contains a bound paper photocopy of Byvanck's notes from interviews with impressionist artists in preparation for the book Un Hollandais a Paris en 1891. The impressionists he wrote about include artists such as: Aristide Bruant, Jean Moreas, Ernet Raynaud, Paul Verlaine, Leon Cahun, Claude Monet, Jules Renard, and Maurice Barres. The manuscript was sent to Marcel Schwob (1867-1905), who wrote corrections in the margins. The original is lost.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Byvanck, W. G. C. (Willem Geertrud Cornelis), 1848-1925. -- Schwob, Marcel, 1867-1905
- Call Number: MSS 3847
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from W. G. C. Byvanck papers, must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 3847; W. G. C. Byvanck papers; 19th and 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 3847, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This collection was donated to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections in 1980 by John Green.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John Green; 1980.
- Subject Terms
- Green, John; Art--France--Paris; Impressionism (Art)--France; Paris (France)
- Genre / Form
- French literature--History and criticism; Interviews
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles and John Murphy; April 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th and 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Byvanck (W. G. C.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles and John Murphy
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-11T15:14-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
W.G.C. Byvanck (1848-1925) was a Dutch librarian and writer.
W.G.C. Byvanck was a Dutch librarian and writer. He was born in Amsterdam on November 10, 1848. He married Clara Byvancks Cramerus and had two sons and a daughter. He studied at the Hague and Leiden gaining his PhD in 1879. In April 1895 Byvanck was appointed director of the Royal Library and was editor of a magazine entitled "De Gids" ("The Guide"). He died December 6, 1925.
comments powered by Disqus