Betty June Done papers
Betty June Done papers
Collection includes Done's personal copy of the book Message of the stars, as well as some papers about horoscopes.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.25 linear ft.)
- Creator: Done, Betty June, 1925-1990
- Call Number: MSS 3879
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Betty June Done papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3879; Betty June Done papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3879, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Prior to donation the items were held by donor's mother, who worked with Betty Done at the Utah State Mental Hospital.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Earl and Charlene Butler.
- Subject Terms
- Astrologers--Utah--History; Astrology; City and Town Life; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Done (Betty June) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:09-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Betty June Done (1925-1990) was born in Alameda, California, to Willard Vivian and Alice June Kimball Done. She worked at the Utah State Mental Hospital, Provo, Utah between 1980 and 1990, and practiced astrology and horoscope reading. She died on 23 April 1990, after being stabbed by one of the hospital patients. She also was the great-granddaughter of Heber Chase Kimball, an early apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus