Jess Green collection
Jess Green collection
Collection has business records of the New Park Mining Company; including correspondence, court documents, product ads and assorted periodicals, maps and graphs, ledgers, security and stock information, employee injury and insurance files, building statements, dividend vouchers, minutes, contracts, reports, etc. between the years 1925 and 1957. Also included are a collection of Mormon history documents, from 1908 to 1921.
- Extent: 1 oversize box (1 linear ft.). -- 10 cartons (10 linear ft.)
- Creator: Green, Jess
- Call Number: MSS 3883
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into three series: 1. New Park Mining Company business records, 1925-1957. 2. New Park Mining Company financial records, 1925-1957. 3. Jess Green collection of Mormon history materials, 1908-1921.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jess Green collection records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3883; Jess Green collection; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3883, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Jess Green in 1990 and 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jess Green; 1990 and 1991.
- Subject Terms
- New Park Mining Company; Agriculture and Natural Resources; American Fork (Utah); Business enterprises--Utah; Mines and Mineral Resources
- Genre / Form
- Business records; Financial records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Amanda Clark; July 19, 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Green (Jess) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and Amanda Clark, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:10-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jess Green (1939- ) was a mayor of American Fork, Utah.
Jess Green was born on March 24, 1939 in American Fork, Utah. Throughout his life he was active in local government and was eventually elected mayor in 1994 and served for four years. In his spare time he worked as a rare book dealer. He is married to Sondra Read and they have six children.
The New Park Mining Company (1932-1972) was a mining company based in Park City, Utah.
The New Park Mining Company was created in 1932 by the consolidation of three companies: Star of Utah Mining Company, Mayflower Mines Corporation, and Park Galena Mining Company. The company operated mines in Utah including mines in Park City and Keeley. The New Park Mining Company mined ore extracting mainly lead, zinc, and silver from the ore. The New Park Mining Company became the Newpark Resources Inc. in 1972 as the company took a different direction toward oil production.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 3883
New Park Mining Company business records
New Park Mining Company financial records
Jess Green collection of Mormon history materials
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts