Thomas R. Jones postcards
Thomas R. Jones postcards
Dates: bulk 1909-1912, 1905-1912, bulk 1909-1912
Collection consists of postcards to and from Thomas R. Jones between 1905 and 1912. The majority of the correspondence documents his service as a Mormon missionary. The collection also includes blank postcards with images of European countries and photographic postcards.
- Extent: 42 folders (0.5 linear ft.) : (449 items)
- Creator: Jones, Thomas R. (Thomas Rose), 1879-1967
- Call Number: MSS 3885
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Organized into two series: I. Postcards, 1905-1912 (bulk 1909-1912). II. Photographic postcards, 1909-1911.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Thomas R. Jones postcards must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3885; Thomas R. Jones postcards; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3885, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Gaye Willis; 2007.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Germany--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Switzerland--History; Jones, Thomas R. (Thomas Rose), 1879-1967--Correspondence; Religion; Evangelistic work--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--20th century; Material Types; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon families--Utah--History; Mormon missionaries--Germany--Correspondence; Mormon missionaries--Switzerland--Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- Photographs; Postcards
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jones (Thomas R.) postcards
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:21-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Thomas R. Jones (1879-1967) was a farmer and schoolteacher from Weber County, Utah. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Switzerland and Germany between 1909 and 1912.
comments powered by Disqus