John B. Fairbanks diary
John B. Fairbanks diary
Diary of John B. Fairbanks, 1846-1847. 23 photocopied pages. Journal, in addition to discussing Mormon evacuation of Nauvoo and journey to Missouri and then to Salt Lake Valley, contains financial transactions; genealogical information for family members and others; day to day record of farm work; division goods among Saints; account of family events.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Fairbanks, John B. (John Boylston), 1855-1940
- Call Number: MSS 3887
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John B. Fairbanks diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3887; John B. Fairbanks diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3887, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated from Special Collections, J. Willard Marriot Library, University of Utah in 1992.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Special Collections, J. Willard Marriot Library, University of Utah; 1992.
- Subject Terms
- Diaries; Material Types; Mormon pioneers; Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; 27 April 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy for 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Fairbanks (John B.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Broomhead, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:36-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
John Boylston Fairbanks, originally from New York and New Jersey, was a Mormon pioneer. He immigrated to Utah and settled in Payson where he was a merchant, farmer, city councilman, and in the bishopric.
comments powered by Disqus