John C. Graham papers
John C. Graham papers
Two journals of John C. Graham, England, 1862-1874. Photocopies. Graham’s journals record his work in the LDS Liverpool emigration and Millennial Star office, and his work with George Q. Cannon. Newspaper clippings, circa 1949, about Provo’s first plays. Programs for Provo theater’s The Curtain plays performed in 1885; John C. Graham managed The Curtain and had a leading role in some plays.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Graham, John C. (John Crosthwaite), 1839-1906
- Call Number: MSS 3889
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the John C. Graham papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3889; John C. Graham papers; 19th-20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3889, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Linda Stocks in 1988.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Linda Stocks; 1988.
- Subject Terms
- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901; Diaries; Material Types; Provo (Utah)--Drama
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; 24 April 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy of 19th-20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Graham (John C.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Broomhead, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:36-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Graham was one of the founders of the Provo Enquirer. He was a publisher in Provo, and he was active in Provo politics.
comments powered by Disqus