Royal M. Lyon letter
Royal M. Lyon letter
Includes one handwritten letter from R.M. Lyon (North Craftsbury, Vermont) to Reverend Hamilton Z. Harriman (Manchester, New Hampshire), written in 1875. The two men exchange some friendly humor regarding the Mormon Church.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lyon, Royal M. (Royal May), b. 1848
- Call Number: MSS 3910
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Royal M. Lyon letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3910; Royal M. Lyon letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3910, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Rick Grunder in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Rick Grunder; 1991.
- Subject Terms
- Correspondence; Evangelicalism; Material Types; Mormons; New Hampshire; Vermont
- Processing Information
- Processed; Meghan Mathews; 7 May 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West (Collection development policy of 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lyon (Royal M.) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and Meghan Mathews, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:36-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Royal May Lyon was born 16 July 1848 in Craftsbury, Orleans, Vermont to William Huntington and Harriet Newell Pearson Lyon. He married Mary R. Allen 2 February 1875 in Craftsbury, Orleans, Vermont. They had eight children.
comments powered by Disqus