Duncan Livingston letters
Duncan Livingston letters
Two letters written from Duncan Livingston (of Mosa London District Canada West) to Archibald Gardner (of Great Basin of the Salt Lake), 6 August 1849 and 16 April 1851. The 6 August 1849 letter is about the health of Duncan Livingston’s friends and family members, a trip to the Pacific that a friend was planning, and Duncan Livingston’s wedding. The 16 April 1851 letter is about the health of Duncan’s children, a friend who went to California in 1849, and crops.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Livingston, Duncan, 1822-1864
- Call Number: MSS 3918
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Duncan Livingston letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3918; Duncan Livingston letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3918, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Dean Q. Durrant in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dean Q. Durrant; 1991.
- Related Material
- BX8670.1 .L762f v.1 Gardner, Afton. The family of Neil Livingston & Janet McNair.
- Subject Terms
- Gardner, Archibald, 1815-1902; Canada--Crops; Correspondence; Material Types
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 11 May 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West (Collection development policy for 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Livingston (Duncan) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Swindler, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:36-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Duncan Livingston (1822-1864) married Mary McFarlane and had eight children.
Duncan Livingston was born in 1822 in Aldbourgh, Elgin, Ontario, Canada, to Neil Livingston and Janet McNair. He married Mary McFarlane in April 1846. They had eight children: Margaret, Sarah, Neil, Flora, Janet, Mary, Donald, and Duncan (junior). Duncan Livingston passed away on December 13, 1864, in Mosa, Middlesex, Ontario, and is buried in Lambton, Ontario, in the Kilmartin Cemetery.
comments powered by Disqus