Levi Edgar Young letter
Levi Edgar Young letter
Letter to “Brother Kirkham” regarding books called A New Witness for Christ in America. 1 April 1960. Signed by Levi Edgar Young. 1 typed page.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Young, Levi Edgar, 1874-1963
- Call Number: MSS 3929
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Levi Edgar Young letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3929; Levi Edgar Young letters; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3929, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Peter Crawley in 1987.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Peter Crawley; 1987.
- Related Material
- BX 8622 .K63n vol.2 1963 Kirkham, Francis W., 1877-1972. A new witness for Christ in America : the Book of Mormon. Attempts to prove the Book of Mormon man-made New and enl. ed. BX 8622 .K63n vol.2 Kirkham, Francis W., 1877-1972. A new witness for Christ in America: the Book of Mormon ; attempts to prove the Book of Mormon man-made.
- Subject Terms
- Correspondence; Material Types; Mormon authors
- Book of Mormon
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; 18 May 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Young (Levi Edgar) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by H. Christine Broomhead and Karen Glenn, student processors; John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:02-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Levi Edgar Young (1874-1963) graduated from Columbia University and taught at the University of Utah. He served in the Seventy for the LDS church.
Levi Edgar Young was born February 2, 1874 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He married Valeria Erepta Briton June 12, 1907 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Levi earned an M.A. and Ph.D. in history from Columbia University and taught at the University of Utah. He served as one of the seven presidents of the Seventy for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1909 to his death in 1963.
comments powered by Disqus