Letter to Daisy
Letter to Daisy
Letter to Daisy, presumably in American, signed Mother, who is staying at Chexbres Switzerland, near Lake Geneva. On the illustrated stationery of the Grand Hotel de Chexbres (illustrated in reddish grey, boasting the latest comforts, including an elevator and central heating). October, early 1900s (no year listed). Written in regular pencil and blue pencil, 2 pages. Daisy had apparently warded off Mormon missionaries at some point, and they have come back to her community, judging from Mother’s brief mention in this letter: So the Mormons are trying to propagate their religion. I hope the seed they sow will not fall on any more fruitful ground than it did in your case.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS 3941
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Letter to Daisy must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3941; Letter to Daisy; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3941, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Rick Grunder in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Rick Grunder; 1991.
- Related Material
- MSS 3855 J. Schermerhorn, Letter, 1865 A young man from a similar time period decides not to join the Church and mentions it in this letter.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Relations; Correspondence; Evangelists--United States; Material Types; Missionaries, American; Mormon Church--History--19th century; Mormon Church--Relations
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; 24 May 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Letter to Daisy
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:05-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus