Lewis Clark genealogical material
Lewis Clark genealogical material
Genealogy of Lewis Clark contains information on individuals from the following families: Barnett, Burr, Casper, Clark, Coon, Cummings, Derby, Dutcher, Duytsen, Kohl, Odekirk (sometimes spelled Ouderkirk), Snow, Sterns, Storm, Tidwell, Van Heerden and Workman. There are pedigree charts, newspaper clippings, handwritten notes, biographies, letters and temple sealing records for adopted children. The collection also includes the following family papers: 1) A biography of Lula Dauphin Odekirk Kolh Clark (b.1894). 2) George Charles Kohn’s diploma, 1934. 3) Miss Mamie Young and Mr. George I. Odekirk’s wedding invitation, 1898. 4) Vicky Lu Bierbaum and Ronald Charles Bowhall’s wedding invitation, 1961. 5) Mr. (b. 1866) and Mrs. (b.1871) C. B. Mowrey’s Golden wedding anniversary newspaper announcement. Mr. Mowrey’s father was the last surviving member of the Mormon Battalion. 6) Warren L. Odekirk’s obituary, 1975. 7) A map, 16 by 21 inches, of the Manor Renselaerwick, 1767.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.3 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Clark, Lewis, 1903-1988
- Call Number: MSS 3944
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Lewis Clark genealogical material must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3944; Lewis Clark genealogical material; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3944, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Lewis Clark in 1990.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Lewis Clark; 1990.
- Subject Terms
- Home and Family; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Genealogies; Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; 4 April 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Clark (Lewis) genealogical material
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Broomhead, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:37-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Lewis Enoch Clark (1903-1988) married Hazel Murphy who died, and then Lula Daphin Odekirk.
Lewis (also spelled Louis) Enoch Clark, the donor of this genealogy, was born on January 31, 1903, in Springville, Utah County, Utah. His parents were James Henry Clark and Mary Alepha Barnett. He married Hazel Murphy on December 27, 1926, in Richfield, Utah. Hazel passed away in childbirth, along with her infant, Louis, on June 12, 1927, in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada. Clark married Lula Daphin Odekirk on June 5, 1933, in Heber, Utah. No children are recorded for the family. Clark passed away on September 1, 1988, in Provo, Utah County, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus