Mildred Cluff Harvey papers
Mildred Cluff Harvey papers
The Mildred Cluff Harvey papers of Lucile H. Ursenbach contain the following: 1. The Biography of Mildred Cluff Harvey by her daughter, Lucile H. Ursenbach, 1900-1947. Typed, 17 pages. 2. Newspaper pages about Benjamin Cluff Jr., Mildred’s brother, August 1970. 2 leaves. 3. Mildred Cluff’s autobiography. 1862-1898. Typed, 9 pages. 4. Mildred Cluff’s autobiography. 1862-1898. Original pencil handwriting, 19 pages. 5. Photocopied articles about the Brigham Young Academy Exploring Expedition. Benjamin Cluff Jr., Mildred’s brother, was in charge of the expedition. Three teachers and twenty-two students (all young men) traveled to Mexico on horseback to explore ancient ruins in Mexico and South America. Photocopied, 64 pages.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.10 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harvey, Millie Cluff, 1866-1947
- Call Number: MSS 3951
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Mildred Cluff Harvey papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3951; Mildred Cluff Harvey papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3951, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Lucile H. Ursenbach, the daughter of Mildred Cluff Harvey, in 1993.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Lucile H. Ursenbach; 1993.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young Academy--History; Cluff, Benjamin, 1830-1909; Cluff, Benjamin, Jr., 1858-1948; Home and Family; Mormon Church--Canada--History; Mormons--Colonization--Canada; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Biography; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; 29 May 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy for 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Harvey (Mildred Cluff) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-27T04:15-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Margaret Lucile Harvey was born February 5, 1900 in Centre Creek, Wasatch, Utah to Charles Coope Harvey and Mildred Cluff. She married Charles Ursenbach September 10, 1925 in Cardston, Alberta, Canada. They had three children. Lucile died in April of 1999.
comments powered by Disqus