Mary Evans Jeremy letters
Mary Evans Jeremy letters
There are twelve letters in the Mary Evans Jeremy Letters collection. One letter from Thomas Euffelly (writing from Wales) to William Thomas (in Dublin) 28 Jan 1842 (letter says 1843 but jacket says 1842). 1 leaf, 9 by 14 inches, folded in half. One letter, in Welsh, from Mary Evans Jeremy to Thomas. 29 [?] 1862. 1 leaf, 6.75 by 7.5 inches. Four letters from Mary (writing from Salt Lake City) to her husband, David Evans. 1 Nov 1870, 8 Feb 1878, 14 Aug 1878 and 23 Oct 1891. Two letters from David Evans (writing from Wales) to his wife, Mary Evans. 27 August 1871 and 2 Sept 1875. Three letters from Mary (writing from Salt Lake City) to her “Dearest Niece and Nephew.” 28 April 1892, 8 Sept 1897 and 20 Feb 1899. The 1892 letter comments about the growth of Salt Lake City. A letter from N. Beynor (writing from Johannesburg, South Africa) to “Annie.” 9 Jan 1917. 1 leaf, 8 by 10 inches.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jeremy, Mary Evans, b. ca. 1823
- Call Number: MSS 3965
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Mary Evans Jeremy letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3965; Mary Evans Jeremy letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3965, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Charles Apfelbaum in 1988.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Charles Apfelbaum; 1988.
- Subject Terms
- Correspondence; Material Types; Mormons--Wales--History--19th century
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 6 June 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy of 19th-20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jeremy (Mary Evans) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Swindler, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:37-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Mary Evan Jeremy was born about 1823 in Brechfa, Carmarthenshire, Wales. She married David Jeremy on 14 May 1850. Mary died 27 October 1905 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus