First Presidency letter
First Presidency letter
Dates: 1986 May 29
Letter of First Presidency (signed by Ezra Taft Benson and Gordon B. Hinckley) to President Morris E. Peterson, Provo Utah East Stake, 29 May 1986. Reports the leaders of the Church agreeing to Peterson's recommendation to dissolve the Provo 40th Ward (singles) in accordance with the recent guidelines for singles wards.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Benson, Ezra Taft. -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. First Presidency. -- Hinckley, Gordon Bitner, 1910-2008
- Call Number: MSS 4005
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from First Presidency letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4005; First Presidency letter; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4005, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This item was in the possession of Lyndon Cook before it was purchased from him by the Harold B. Lee Library Special Collections in 2001.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Lyndon Cook; 2001.
- Related Material
- This item is part of the 20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Provo (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- First Presidency letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-18T04:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ezra Taft Benson and Gordon B. Hinckley are members of the First Presidency in 1986, with Ezra Taft Benson as President and Gordon B. Hinckley as a Counsler.
comments powered by Disqus