Abraham H. Cannon notebooks
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Abraham H. Cannon notebooks
This notebook contains quotes, written in the hand of Abraham H. Cannon and another unidentified writer. The front cover shows the inscription: "Geo. Q. Cannon, Gt. Salt Lake City, Utah Ter., Feb. 8/66." All subsequent writing appears to be written by Abraham H. Cannon. The second to last page reveals new handwriting and records the date as 3 August 1916. Located in the back cover is a certificate of birth for Willard Leslie Cannon, signed by Joseph Fielding Smith, Historian of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and ex officio Custodian of its Records, 6 January 1942. The collection also contains a typescript and photocopy of the Abraham H. Cannon notebook.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.16 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cannon, Abraham H. (Abraham Hoagland), 1859-1896. -- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901
- Call Number: MSS 4007
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Abraham H. Cannon notebooks must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4007; Abraham H. Cannon notebooks; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4007, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to Special Collections in 1997.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; Don Cannon; 1997.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 19th Century Western and Mormon Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Mormon Church--Apostles; Mormon Church--History; Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cannon (Abraham H.) notebooks
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-18T04:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Abraham Hoagland Cannon was born 12 March 1859, the son of George Q. Cannon and Elizabeth Hoagland Cannon. At the age of 23 in 1882, he was sustained as one of the First Seven Presidents of the Seventy in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 1889, he was ordained an apostle. He died at the age of 37 in 1896.
comments powered by Disqus