Ashley Bartlett letter
Ashley Bartlett letter
Bartlett Letters, 1904-1905, includes a letter written by Ashley Bartlett in Chicago, Illinois, on December 31, 1904, to his wife Winnie Lydia Bartlett in Vernal, Utah. Collection also includes two envelopes, one corresponding with the letter, and another from 1942.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bartlett, Ashley, 1880-1979
- Call Number: MSS 4011
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Bartlett letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4011; Ashley Bartlett letter; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4011, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were purchased by Special Collections in 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Lyndon W. Cook; 2007.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Bartlett, Ashley, 1880-1979--Correspondence; Chicago (Ill.); Home and Family; Social Life and Customs; Vernal (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Envelopes (Stationery); Letters
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bartlett (Ashley) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-18T04:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ashley Bartlett was born on April 19, 1880, in Vernal, Utah. He married Winnie Lydia Billings in Salt Lake City, Utah, on November 14, 1900. He served a mission to Chicago, Illinois, from 1904 to 1905 (the time when the letter was written). Bartlett died on December 10, 1979, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus