John Andreas Widtsoe letter
John Andreas Widtsoe letter
Widstoe writes to Kirkham (in Salt Lake City, Utah,) about purchasing fifty copies of Kirkam’s newest book for missionary use. Brother Muir and Murdock are to be involved in the purchasing process. Widstoe then recommends that Kirkham advertise his book to mission presidents everywhere. January 8, 1943. 1 page, with a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Council of the Twelve letterhead, signed by John A. Widstoe.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Widtsoe, John Andreas, 1872-1952
- Call Number: MSS 4016
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the John Andreas Widtsoe letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4016; John Andreas Widtsoe letter; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4016, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Peter Crawley in 1987.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Peter Crawley; 1987.
- Subject Terms
- Latter Day Saints' Maori Agricultural College; Correspondence; Material Types; Mormons--New Zealand--History
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 14 June 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy of 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Widtsoe (John Andreas) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Swindler, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:41-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
John Andreas Widtsoe (1872-1888) was a professor and apostle.
John Andreas Widtsoe was born 31 January 1872 in Norway. He and his widowed mother and brother emigrated to Utah Territory in 1888. There he married Leah Dunford, a granddaughter of Brigham Young, on 1 June 1898 in Salt Lake City, Utah. John graduated from Harvard University in 1894 and with his Ph.D. from University of Goettingen, Germany, in 1899. He then taught in the agricultural college of Utah State University and in this same department at Brigham Young University. He was called into the LDS quorum of twelve apostles in 1921. He died 29 November 1952 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus