Carl B. Waln papers
Carl B. Waln papers
Carl Waln papers includes journals, photographs, books, business and personal files, scrapbooks, Rosebud Sioux Tribe files, and other items.
- Extent: 20 boxes (10 linear ft.)
- Creator: Waln, Carl B.
- Call Number: MSS 4091
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Donor restricted; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Carl Waln papers, 1960-2002, includes nine series: 1)Journals, 1960-1999 -- 2)Memoranda and Calendars, 1967-1991 -- 3)Business Files, 1980-1993 -- 4)Personal Files, 1980-1995 -- 5)Rosebud Files, 1982-2002 -- 6)Miscellaneous items -- 7)Scrapbooks -- 8)Books, 1975-1990 -- 9)Photographs, 1970-1981.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Carl B. Waln Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4091; Carl B. Waln papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4091, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Carl B. Waln; 1993,2002.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Indians of North America; South Dakota; Rosebud Sioux Tribe of the Rosebud Indian Reservation, South Dakota; Material Types; Waln, Carl B.
- Genre / Form
- Scrapbooks; Photographs; Diaries; Memorandums; Account books; Books; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Carl B. Waln Papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-11-20 13:35:18 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Carl Bryan Waln was born in 1938. He was a well-known rancher, owning 300 acres and leasing an additional 5,200 acres. Waln became involved in tribal government after attending Black Hills State College and receiving an AA degree. He was inaugurated as Chief of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in South Dakota in 1981.
comments powered by Disqus