Wilfried Decoo research materials
Wilfried Decoo research materials
Materials collected in Connection with Study on LDS Themes in French Literature, and copies of books and courses on LDS themes from old Dutch and Flemish Sources. Includes plays, bibliographies, pamphlets, periodicals, and excerpts of books, 1856-1987.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Decoo, Wilfried, 1946
- Call Number: MSS 4093
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Wilfried Decoo research materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4093; Wilfried Decoo research materials; 19th-20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4093, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Wilfried Decoo in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Wilfried Decoo; 1991.
- Related Material
- BX 8605.1 .B76b Vol. 14 no. 2 Decoo, Wilfried. The image of Mormonism in French literature: Part I. BX 8605.1 .B76b Vol. 16 no. 2 Decoo, Wilfried. The image of Mormonism in French literature: Part II. BX8688 .D358a Decoo, Wilfried. Anthologie francaise sur les Mormons BX8605.1 .B76b Vol.24 no.1 Decoo, Wilfried, 1946- Mormonism in a European Catholic region : a contribution to the social psychology of LDS converts.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--France--History--19th century; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--France--History--20th century; Material Types; Mormons in literature; Publications
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Letters; Pamphlets
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 6 July 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy for 19th-20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Decoo (Wilfried) research materials
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Swindler, student processors, and John Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:42-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Wilfried Decoo (1946- ) worked with the French and Italian department at BYU.
Wilfried Decoo was born in 1946 on the Flemish side of Belgium, in Antwerp. He obtained his B.A. from the Antwerp Jesuit University and then his M.A. from Ghent University in Romance languages. He taught both French and history for the Belgian Cooperation in Central Africa. He then taught at Brigham Young University as he obtained his Ph.D in comparative literature. In 1974 he began teaching as a professor of applied linguistics and language education at the University of Antwerp. In 1999 he began working with the French and Italian department at BYU, but still has an affiliation with Antwerp. He is a convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and married a woman from Antwerp. They have one daughter and live in their two homes, one in Provo and one in Antwerp.
comments powered by Disqus