First Mormons down under
First Mormons down under
A manuscript history discussing the growth of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 19th century Australia as well as experiences of missionaries serving in that area. The history also includes biographies of several missionaries to Australia including John Murdock, Amasa Potter, Parley P. Pratt, Andrew J. Stewart, Charles Stapley, James McKnight and others.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Devitry-Smith, John
- Call Number: MSS 4120
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from First mormons down under must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4120; First mormons down under; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4120, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by John-Devitry-Smith in 1988.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John Devitry-Smith; 1988.
- Related Material
- HBLL BX 8605.1 .B76b vol.28 no.3 and BX 8605.1 .B76b vol.29 no.2.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Australia
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Meghan Matthews; 11 July 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy of 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- First Mormons down under
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Meghan Matthews, Karen Glenn, student processors; John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:03-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John Devitry-Smith is from Molong, New South Wales. He atted Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah and worked as an engineer in Seattle, Washington.
comments powered by Disqus