John Taylor agreement
John Taylor agreement
Secretary’s copy [probably in the hand of George Reynolds] of the agreement from John Taylor to Lewis Robinson relinquishing the LDS Church’s interests in Fort Bridger. 15 February 1878. 1 leaf.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Taylor, John, 1808-1887
- Call Number: MSS 4130
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the John Taylor agreement must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4130; John Taylor agreement; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4130, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased by Ed Bennett in 1992.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Ed Bennett; 1992.
- Subject Terms
- Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Fort Bridger (Wyo.)--History
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 12 July 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West (Collection development policy of 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Taylor (John) agreement
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Swindler, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:45-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
John Taylor (1801-1887) was the third president of the LDS church.
John Taylor was born 1 November 1808 in England to James and Agnes Taylor. He emigrated to Canada in 1832 and joined the LDS church around 1836. Taylor and his family followed the movement of the church from Missouri to Illinois and finally the Salt Lake Valley. He became the third president of the LDS church in 1880 and served for seven years. He died 25 July 1887 in Kaysville, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus