John Pack papers
John Pack papers
Notable items include an 1849 mission call signed by the First Presidency. All materials are photocopies.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.16 linear ft.)
- Creator: Pack, John, 1809-1885
- Call Number: MSS 4132
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Pack papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Incomplete Contents John Pack papers, 1843-1902, includes two archival series: (1) Correspondence, 1849-1867, and (2) Certificates, 1843-1902.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4132; John Pack papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4132, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to Special Collections in 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; David Pack; 2007.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 19th Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Council Bluffs (Iowa); France; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon pioneers--Utah--History--19th century; Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Pack (John) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:21-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Early Mormon pioneer, 1847; served LDS missions to France and the United States; helped settle Carson Valley, Nevada, 1856; member of the Deseret Agricultural and Manufacturing Society in Utah.
comments powered by Disqus