James Barton papers
James Barton papers
The collection consists exclusively of files documenting Barton's career in civil engineering. It includes university course materials and student reports (including theses and dissertations), Barton's research proposals, notes, reports, articles written by Barton, and papers presented at various conferences, as well as slides and photos of Barton's research subjects and professional circulars.
- Extent: 21 boxes (10.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Barton, James R.
- Call Number: MSS 4139
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers of James Barton must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4139; James Barton papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4139, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to Special Collections in 1987.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; Nadine Barton; 1987.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Civil engineering--Environmental aspects--United States; Civil engineering--Research--United States; Colleges and Universities; Education; Utah
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Newspapers; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Barton (James) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jennifer Kim
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:24-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
James Richards Barton was born on 21 July 1917 to James Byron and Annie Doremus Richards Barton of Salt Lake City, Utah. He married Eva Nadine Bushman of Mesa, Arizona, on 6 Jan 1943. They were the parents of 6 children. He received his education in civil engineering and became a BYU professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, specializing in Hydrology and Water Resources.
comments powered by Disqus