John H. Perry papers
John H. Perry papers
1 VHS tape entitled 'John H. Perry, Jr. & The National Dividend Act' by Potomac Teleproductions, 1987, with accompanying letter and copy of an article from the Arizona Republic entitled, "'National Dividend Act' has been longtime goal," printed December 15, 1986. 1989 papers, consisting of correspondence and copies of three Florida newspaper articles regarding Perry's induction into the Florida Newspaper Hall of Fame 'for outstanding service and contribution to journalism.'
- Extent: 2 folders (0.16 linear ft.)
- Creator: Perry, John H.
- Call Number: MSS 4188
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers of John H. Perry must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4188; John H. Perry papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4188, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donation to Special Collection in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; John H. Perry; 1989.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 20th Century and 21st Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Florida; Journalism; Journalism--Florida
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Perry (John H.), Papers of
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:21-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John H. Perry founded Americans for the National Dividend Act, Inc., studied at Yale, and graduated from Harvard Business School. John H. Perry is chairman of Perry Oceanographics, Inc. and Perry Offshore Inc. in Riviera Beach, Florida. He inducted into the Florida Newspaper Hall of Fame June 1989 for 'outstanding service and contribution to journalism'; pioneered the use of photo typesetting, word processing and computers in newspaper production, and initiated state news Sunday supplement services to improve news coverage.
comments powered by Disqus