Abrahamic era newspapers
Abrahamic era newspapers
Scrapbook of newspaper clippings about 19th century archaeological and geological discoveries in Assyria and Babylon. There are articles about spouting caves, laws before Moses’ time, inscriptions of Nebuchadnezzar, sun worship, Babylonian inscriptions, Babylon’s 5000-year-old temple library, discovery of papyrus with more of Christ’s teachings, lake dwellers of Venezuela, turquoise mines of Persia, “Cabbala” Jews, Turkish medical superstitions, Hindu burials, astrology and an Egyptian fairy tale. Publications with clips in this collection are the Sunday School Times, Popular Science News, The Literary Digest, The Chicago Times-Herald, Christian Herald, Collier’s Weekly and Scientific American Supplement.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (1.66 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS 4213
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Abrahamic era newspapers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4213; Abrahamic era newspapers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4213, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 2007.
- Subject Terms
- Archaeologists--Europe; Archaeologists--United States; Archaeology; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Babylon (Extinct city)--History; Egyptian literature; Hindus; Turks
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Periodicals
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 3 August 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- American West (Collection development policy of 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Abrahamic era newspapers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by H. Christine Swindler and Karen Glenn, student processors; John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:48-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
comments powered by Disqus