A. Jones letter
A. Jones letter
A. Jones (writing from Provo City, Utah) tells Elder George Reynolds to be brave and keep a stiff upper lip. Reynolds is spending time in prison. Jones tells him that George A. Smith has been “solicitous for [Reynolds’] welfare.” Jones recently met Reynolds’ daughter at B. Y. U. Academy. He observes a few things about Provo. He says Reynolds will soon be restored to the blessings of his home and family, and that the experience he is going through will give him new insights. 4 pages.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jones, A.
- Call Number: MSS 4220
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the A. Jones letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4220; A. Jones letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4220, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Sun Dance Books in Hollywood, California in 1988.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Sun Dance Books; 1988.
- Subject Terms
- Correspondence; Material Types; Prisoners--Utah--History
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 2 August 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy of 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jones (A.) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Swindler, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:49-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
A. Jones was a 19th century resident of Provo, Utah, and an early member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus