Burraston family papers
Burraston family papers
Burraston Family papers, 1840- 2007 includes patriarchal blessings, baptismal certificates, estate papers, correspondence, and biographical sketches from three generations of the Burraston, Price, and Perkins families.
- Extent: 5 folders (0.40 linear ft.)
- Creator: Johnson, Sarah Mason Burraston, 1808-1882
- Call Number: MSS 4231
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Burraston family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4231; Burraston family papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4231, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to Special Collections in 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; M. Wayne Childs; 2007.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 19th Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Home and Family; Mormon families; Newton (Utah); Pleasant Grove (Utah); Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Burraston family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-23T04:26-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Sarah Mason Burraston Johnson was born in May 1808 in Linton, Herefordshire, England to Anthony and Esther Vaughn Mason. Her first husband was William Burraston with whom she had 6 children, including Richard James Burraston, born 24 July 1841. After Williams's death at age 31, she married Richard Johnson. Having already joined the LDS Church, they immigrated to Utah in 1855. Sarah died after a riding accident on 8 September 1882. Richard James Burraston died in Springville, Utah on 1 June 1926.
comments powered by Disqus