O. Norman Geertsen papers
O. Norman Geertsen papers
Collection includes research notes and papers from Oscar Norman Geertsen’s years as a student at Brigham Young University and University of California-Los Angeles and then as a professor at Brigham Young University. Includes six negatives that were a part of Oscar Norman Geertsen’s color separation experiment using 3 different filters for each shot (2 different shots).
- Extent: 3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Geertsen, O. Norman (Oscar Norman), 1904-1978
- Call Number: MSS 4245
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Negatives restricted. Remainder is open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oscar Norman Geertsen's papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 4245; Oscar Norman Geertsen papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 4245, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Oscar Norman Geertsen in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Oscar Norman Geertsen; 1989.
- Separated Material
- Negatives housed separately from collection.
- Subject Terms
- University of California, Los Angeles--Students; Colleges and Universities; Education, Higher--California--Los Angeles; Education, Higher--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Manuscripts; Notes; Papers (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Meghan Mathews; 9 August 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship (Collection development policy of 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Geertsen (Oscar Norman) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Meghan Mathews, Karen Glenn, student processors; John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-08-15T13:39-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Oscar Norman Geertsen was born on 10 February 1904 in Weber, Utah, to Oscar Geertsen and Ina Belle Buckingham. On 14 August 1930 he married Celia Romney in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was a professor of sciences at Brigham Young University. Oscar Norman Geertsen died on 16 September 1978 in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus