Utah National Parks Council records
Utah National Parks Council records
Collection includes scrapbooks, ephemera, documents, papers, correspondence, and other assorted materials. These have been collected over the span of the organization's existence, beginning in 1910.
- Extent: 2 oversize boxes (2.66 linear ft.). -- 21 cartons (21 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Boy Scouts of America. Timpanogos District Council. -- Boy Scouts of America. Utah National Parks Council. -- Boy Scouts of America. Zion National Park Council. -- Bryce Canyon Council.. -- Utah County Council.
- Call Number: MSS 5785
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection was donated, in part, as it was created, and so the order of the collection exists as a preliminary inventory in the order in which it was received. Order is in its original form from the donor organization.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Utah National Parks Council records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5785; Utah National Parks Council records; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5785, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by the Utah National Parks Council on May 8, 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Utah National Parks Council; 2007.
- Other Finding Aids
- More detailed finding aid available in repository.
- Subject Terms
- Boy Scouts of America. Utah National Parks Council--Archives; Boy Scouts of America. Utah National Parks Council--History; Boy Scouts of America--History; Boy Scouts--Utah--Utah County--History; Boys--Societies and clubs--History; Civic Activism; Clubs and Societies; Politics, Government, and Law; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Corporate minutes; Letters; Reports; Scrapbooks; Slides (Photography); Videocassettes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Alicia Lynn Harris, student processor, and John Murphy, curator, 2009. Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor; 2012. Additional box processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Utah National Parks Council records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Alicia Lynn Harris, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:03-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Utah National Parks Council of the Boy Scouts of America was formed on February 3, 1936 in a merger of the Timpanogos Council and the Bryce Canyon Council. The council is headquartered in Orem, Utah, and currently divided into districts that oversee the Scouting program in central and southern Utah. The council also operates eight Scout camps and two high adventure bases in the state.
comments powered by Disqus