Arthur Dahl papers
Arthur Dahl papers
Arthur Dahl papers and diaries. Dahl’s missionary blessing from 1896. Three missionary diaries, talk outline, three ledgers. Knight Academy 1979 reunion material, including a list of students, 1910-1920, correspondence, autographs and notes. Biographical sketch, stationery and correspondence of Ulrich R. Bryner (b. 1902). Biographies of Thomas Evans Sr., Phoebe Evans Dahl, Rulon Henry Dahl and several others.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 1 half box (0.25 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dahl, Arthur, 1867-1954
- Call Number: MSS 5862
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Arthur Dahl papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5862; Arthur Dahl papers; 19th-20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5862, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Rulon H. Dahl and Larry E. Dahl in 1983.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Rulon H. Dahl and Larry E. Dahl; 1983.
- Related Material
- MSS SC 980 Bryner, Ulrich R., 1902- This is my life, 1972. MSS 1390 Bryner, Ulrich R., 1902- Papers, 1928-1954.
- Subject Terms
- Diaries; Material Types; Raymond (Alta.)--History--20th century
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 14 August 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy for 19th-20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dahl (Arthur) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by H. Christine Swindler and Karen Glenn, student processors, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:49-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Arthur Dahl was born 14 September 1867 in Santaquin, Utah to Henry David Dall and Fanny Sanders. He married Janet Powelson 31 August 1892 in Manti, Sanpete Utah. They immigrated to Alberta, Canada in 1902. He married Mary Alice Bennion Harker on 24 June 1926 and he married Sarah Elizabeth Carter Harker on 8 February 1936. Arthur died 7 May 1954 in Magrath, Alberta, Canada and was buried in Raymond, Alta.
comments powered by Disqus