Alma Johnson diaries
Alma Johnson diaries
Handwritten diaries for the years 1883-1885 and 1894-1896. Johnson kept these records while serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Great Britain. Two of the volumes are about the first mission while four are about the second.
- Extent: 6 folders (1.8 linear ft.)
- Creator: Johnson, Alma, 1858-1956
- Call Number: MSS 589
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 589; Alma Johnson diaries; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 589, LTPSC.
- Related Material
- Microfilmed copies of the 1894-1896 mission are available in the repository (Film 920 reel 38).
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Great Britain; Johnson, Alma, 1858-1956--Diaries; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Great Britain; Mormon missionaries--Great Britain; Mormons--Great Britain--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Johnson (Alma) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:15-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
LDS missionary in Great Britain.
comments powered by Disqus