Daniel Brown biography
Daniel Brown biography
David Brown's third great grandson, Erold Clark Wiscombe, writes about Brown's family history; marriage to Elizabeth Stephens; removal to Illinois in 1831; conversion to Mormonism in 1840; removal to Florence, Nebraska; son, James, joining the Mormon Battalion; quarrel with Brigham Young leading to removal to Calhoun, Iowa; Indian difficulties in Iowa; rebaptism in Salt Lake City, in 1874; and death in Calhoun, Iowa.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Wiscombe, Erold Clark
- Call Number: MSS 5909
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public access.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Daniel Brown biography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5909; Daniel Brown biography; 20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5909, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items was donated to Special Collections in 2007.
- Related Material
- See Also MSS Film 920 no. 58 contains this biography, microfilmed.
- Subject Terms
- Brown, Daniel, 1804-1875; United States. Army. Mormon Battalion; Calhoun County (Iowa); Indians of North America; Mormons
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship and historiography (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.III, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brown (Daniel) biography
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Lucy Brimhall
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:39-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Erold Clark Wiscombe was born on July 20, 1925 at Roosevelt, Duchesne,Utah. After graduating from high school he served in the Navy during World War II. Brigham Young University occupied the next four years of my life getting a degree in History, Geography, and Sociology, also a dual certification to teach in both elementary and secondary schools. After teaching three years in an elementary school at Logan, Utah, I transferred to the U.S. Military Dependent Schools in Europe, teaching two years in Germany and two years in England. While attending B.Y.U., I married Phyllis Emily Kmetzsch on August 15, 1949 at Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus