Elmer S. Crowley papers
Elmer S. Crowley papers
Collection contains the professional papers and personal notebooks relating to Elmer S. Crowley's teaching and administrative work in the Boise, Idaho, School District, circa 1931-1980.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Crowley, Elmer S., 1915
- Call Number: MSS 5921
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Elmer S. Crowley papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5921; Elmer S. Crowley papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5921, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Annie Crowley, wife of Elmer Stanley Crowley, in 1990.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Annie Crowley; 1990.
- Subject Terms
- Boise (Idaho)--School districts; Education; Elementary and Secondary Education
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Notebooks
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles; 19 September 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Crowley (Elmer S.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles and Karen Glenn, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:00-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Crowley, Elmer Stanley (1915-1976) was born on February 23, 1915 in Idaho Falls, Bonneville, Idaho, to Ansel S. and Sophia Edna Robinson. He married Annie Rigby March 27, 1939 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He died March 15, 1976 in Washington D.C. He worked many years for the Boise, Idaho, School District, as a teacher, principal, and serving as an executive secretary for the Idaho Education Association.
comments powered by Disqus