Edwin Harley diaries
Edwin Harley diaries
Photocopies of handwritten diaries. Harley came to Council Bluffs, Iowa, in 1848 and migrated to Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1852. He settled in Nephi, Utah, where he was a farmer and served in numerous local positions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Harley writes about his daily activities often in short notes. Also included are financial records from 1846 to 1868.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harley, Edwin, 1819-1903
- Call Number: MSS 597
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 597; Edwin Harley diaries; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 597, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Harley, Edwin, 1819-1903--Diaries; Council Bluffs (Iowa)--History; Immigration and American Expansion; Material Types; Mormon pioneers--History; Mormons--Iowa--Council Bluffs--History; Mormons--Utah--Nephi--History; Nephi (Utah)--History; Overland Journeys to the Western United States
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Harley (Edwin) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-27T04:16-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon pioneer and resident of Nephi, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus