California Historical Society contract

California Historical Society contract

Dates: 1967

Agreement between California Historical Society and Dale Morgan, 1967. 4 leaves.

  • Extent: 1 folder (0.02 linear ft.)
  • Call Number: MSS 5970
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
Languages and Scripts
English
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from California Historical Society document must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
Initial citation: MSS 5970; California Historical Society document; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5970, LTPSC.
Custodial History
Donated by Fred Rosenstock in 1988.
Acquisition Information
Donated; Fred Rosenstock; 1988.
Related Material
See MSS 16, Dale Morgan collection.
Subject Terms
Morgan, Dale Lowell, 1914-1971; Clubs and Societies; Social Life and Customs
Genre / Form
Contracts
Processing Information
Processed; Melissa Cowles; 11 September 2007.
Appraisal Information
Utah and the American West (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_MSS5970
Finding Aid Title
California Historical Society contract
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and Amanda Clark, student manuscript processors; John M. Murphy, curator
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-08-05T10:36-0600
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Administrative History

The California Historical Society was established in 1956 by C. Templeton Crocker.

In 1871 the California Historical Society attempted a first formation. After two more unsuccessful attempts, it was permanently established in 1922 by C. Templeton Crocker. Crocker's financial backing lasted until accumulated dues enabled the first staff member hire in 1923. In 1956 the society established its headquarters in San Francisco where it also operated the North Baker Research Library.



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

John Murphy
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts
john_m_murphy@byu.edu