Winnifred C. Jardine papers
Winnifred C. Jardine papers
Contains primarily correspondence between Jardine and various family members and friends, the largest amount of correspondence being between her and her parents. Also included are information Jardine collected on Virginia Cutler, her journals, and cookbooks primarily written by her. Dated 1944-2007.
- Extent: 7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.). -- 5 cartons (5 linear ft.). -- 4 oversize folders (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jardine, Winnifred C.
- Call Number: MSS 5972
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Privacy restricted until death of donor. Permission to access materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in five series: 1. Correspondence. 2. Books. 3. Journals. 4. Papers on Virginia F. Cutler. 5. Personal papers.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Winnifred C. Jardine papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5972; Winnifred C. Jardine Papers; 20th Century Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5972, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Winnifred C. Jardine in 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Winnifred C. Jardine; 2008.
- Related Material
- See also the Clawson Y. Cannon Sr. oral history interview (MSS OH 171), and the Clawson Young Cannon papers (MSS 1546).
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; Mormon women--Utah--Archives; Cookbooks; Jardine, Winnifred C.; Jardine, Winnifred C.--Archives; Deseret News (Firm)
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Diaries
- Processing Information
- Processed; Cynthia Ann Smith; February 2009. Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American Women (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 2007). Pertains to the life of a Latter-day Saint woman who was a food editor for the Deseret News.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jardine (Winnifred C.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Cynthia Ann Smith
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-07-09 09:14:11 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Winnifred Cannon Jardine (1919- ) was a Latter-day Saint, writer, and food editor.
Winnifred Cannon Jardine was born to Clawson Young Jardine and Winnifred Morrell on November 14, 1919. They moved to Iowa in 1930 where her father worked for Iowa State University. She graduated from that same university in 1941 with a degree in technical journalism with a minor in nutrition. After test-marketing new products and working on a radio cook show, she became engaged to Stuart Jardine on August 19, 1945, who was then in the Navy. They were married and moved to Salt Lake City, where in 1948 she started working for the Deseret News. She had four children and retired from being the paper’s food editor in 1984. She served as a member of the Utah Nutrition Counsel and president of the Utah Home Economics Association. She and her husband served a mission in Canada around 1982-1984. In May 1999, she was awarded an honorary doctorate of family and consumer food sciences by Utah State University.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 5972
Winnifred C. Jardine correspondence
Winnifred C. Jardine books
Winnifred C. Jardine journals
Winnifred C. Jardine papers on Virginia F. Cutler
Winnifred C. Jardine personal papers
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts