Bryant W. Rossiter papers
Bryant W. Rossiter papers
Dates: approximately 1961-1990
Contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, daily appointment books, pamphlets, and other materials from Rossiter's activities with various groups, including Eastman Dental Center, Eastman Kodak Company, USAID, National Academy of Science, National Research Council, American Chemical Society, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and CHEMRAWN. Also includes information on his service in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Eastern States, and three journals dating 1961-1981. Dated approximately 1961-1990.
- Extent: 24 cartons (24 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Rossiter, Bryant W., 1931
- Call Number: MSS 5974
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into four series: 1. Bryant W. Rossiter papers on Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, approximately 1961-1983. 2. Bryant W. Rossiter papers on Chemrawn Committee, approximately 1974-1987. 3. Bryant W. Rossiter papers on International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, approximately 1977-1987. 4. Bryant W. Rossiter papers on American Chemical Society and other organizations, approximately 1968-1990.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Bryant W. Rossiter papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5974; Bryant W. Rossiter papers, 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5974, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Bryant W. Rossiter in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Bryant W. Rossiter; 1989.
- Related Material
- For materials concerning Chemrawn, please also see: Chemistry and world food supplies: the new frontiers, Chemrawn II: invited papers presented at the International Conference on Chemistry and World Food Supplies, Manila, Philippines, 6-10 December 1982; S583.2 .I57 1982. Future sources of organic raw materials: invited lectures presented at the World Conference on Future Sources of Organic Raw Materials, Toronto, Canada, 10-13 July 1978; TP247.A1 W67 1978.
- Subject Terms
- Science, Technology, and Health; Rossiter, Bryant W., 1931-; Rossiter, Bryant W., 1931---Archives; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--East (U.S.); CHEMRAWN Committee of IUPAC
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Pamphlets; Diaries
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles and John Murphy; November 2007. Physically rearranged and addendum added; Trevor Tanner; October 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Rossiter (Bryant W.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Audrey Spainhower, Melissa Cowles and Karen Glenn, student processors, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-12-16 12:34:19 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Bryant W. Rossiter (1931- ) was a Mormon researcher and ecclesiastical leader.
Bryant W. Rossiter was director of research at Eastman Kodak and was very active in international scientific organizations. He was Kodak's International Man of Goodwill. Later in life he traveled around speaking at conferences on chemistry and international food problems, including one in the Netherlands where four former recipients of the Nobel Prize spoke and the royal family attended.
He is a convert to the Church and was made district president of the Palmyra New York district almost immediately after his baptism. He served as the first stake president of the new Cumorah Stake and later as a regional representative.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 5974
Bryant W. Rossiter papers on Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Dates: approximately 1961-1983
Bryant W. Rossiter papers on CHEMRAWN Committee
Dates: approximately 1974-1987
Bryant W. Rossiter papers on International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
Dates: approximately 1977-1987
Bryant W. Rossiter papers on American Chemical Society and other organizations
Dates: approximately 1968-1990
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts