Reuel E. Christensen papers
Reuel E. Christensen papers
Personal Papers of Reuel E. Christensen, 1924-1983. Materials include: copies of his mission journals, including photographs that have been transferred to photo archives; written testimonies of missionaries while he served as President of the Great Lakes Mission; Great Lakes Mission publications, from his time serving as mission president there; his autobiography; correspondence; copies of newspaper clippings about him; and family history work.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Christensen, Reuel E., 1904-1983
- Call Number: MSS 5995
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public access.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Reuel E. Christensen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5995; Reuel E. Christensen Papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5995, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to Special Collections in 1983.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; Vonda H. Christensen; 1993.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana Archives.
- Subject Terms
- Christensen, Reuel E., 1904-1983; Manti Temple (Manti, Utah); Utah. Legislature. House of Representatives; Ephraim (Utah)--History--20th Century; Mormon missionaries; Utah--Politics and government--20th century
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Genealogies; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid Title
- Christensen (Reuel E.) papers
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-27T04:06-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Reuel Christensen was born to Andrew and Mary Christensen on April 5, 1904 in Ephraim, Utah. He married Vonda Henrie on September 12, 1928 in the Manti LDS Temple. In the church he served as a missionary in Australia, president of the Manti Temple, president of the Great Lakes Mission, and president of the Manti Utah Stake. In the community he served in the Utah State Legislature for four years, was vice president of the Bank of Ephraim, as well as a member of the board of directors for the Bank of Ephraim and Utah Independent Bank in Salina. He was also chairman of the Sanpete Water Conservancy Board, vice president of the Utah Woolgrowers, and a member of the board of directors of the Sanpete Farm Bureau. He died March 1, 1983 in Utah Valley Hospital.
comments powered by Disqus